TACS Antique & Collectable Tile Fair 2018
Saturday 6th October, 2018 (10.00 AM -3.00PM). Annual Antique & Collectable Tile Fair. St. Jude’s Church Hall, Mapperley, Nottingham NG3 5HE. Open to non-TACS Members.
Once again, we can add the ever-popular tile fair onto our events calendar. Please come and visit, same venue, new cost £5.00, refreshments available and, as ever, free parking. No need to book, just come along and pay on the door. NB Dealers need to book tables at the usual cost of £40
St Jude’s is one mile north from the Nottingham City Centre on the B684 Woodborough Road off the A60 or from the A60 Sherwood up Mapperly Hall Drive past mini roundabout to T Junction – turn left to St. Jude’s 50 yards on left.
Follow the Tile Fair on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/byTACS/
TACS Events for Members 2018
- SOLD-OUT Saturday June 2nd, London Underground tilework over the decades: Mike Ashworth, former heritage consultant for Transport for London, will lead us on an afternoon trip around some of the fascinating tilework of the London Underground, and tell us about restoration and conservation.
- 7th July 2018 TACS AGM Liverpool: The TACS AGM will take place in the afternoon of Saturday 7th July 2.30-5pm in Liverpool Central Library. There will be a Tile walking tour in the morning starting at 10:30am.
- Saturday November 3rd, illustrated talk on ceramic and terracotta pubs in NW England, Manchester: Geoff Brandwood will give an illustrated daytime talk on ceramic and terracotta pubs, mainly on those in the North West of England, following the recent publication of his book on that topic, illustrated with Michael Slaughter’s superb photography. TACS members will be familiar with their work from articles in Glazed Expressions. Visits to several pubs mentioned in the talk are planned after the talk: The Peveril, The Crown, The Unicorn amongst others may be included. Some ale consumption might take place!
For more information about TACS Events please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
TACS events are generally open to TACS members only and can only be applied for using the TACS events booking form sent out to members. Information (maps, directions etc.) will be sent out after payment and two weeks in advance of each event by the individual organisers of each event.
- Saturday 21st April, The Ludlow Palmers’ Symposium on English Tiles – Medieval to Victorian, Ecclesiastical and Domestic, St Laurence Church, Ludlow including afternoon visit to Jackfield Tile Museum. Booking is open now via Eventbrite only. Please visit Eventbrite.co.uk and search for the name of this event, or here’s a quick link http://bit.ly/2iO9ZI1 . Special price for TACS members. Disclaimer: this event is organised by The Conservation Trust for St Laurence and TACS is not responsible in any way for this event.
- Friday 6th – Sunday 8th July, Hebden Bridge Open Studio weekend: Penny Hampson, tile designer (see Glazed Expressions no 77, 2016), will open her studio and exhibit her tile work at the Birchcliffe Centre in Hebden Bridge. This converted chapel houses a unique tiled baptizing pool as well as working facilities. Other local ceramicists will also be opening their workshops as part of the Hebden Bridge ‘open studios’ weekend which includes about 80 studios, more information will be available nearer the time here http://hebdenbridgeopenstudios.org/
Previous TACS Events
TACS members participate in events at their own risk, and neither the Society nor its officers or servants accept any liability of any kind whatsoever, howsoever arising. TACS reserves the right to cancel, postpone or alter events as necessary