TACS Antique & Collectable Tile Fair 2017
Saturday 7th October, 2017 (10.00 AM -4.00PM). Annual Antique & Collectable Tile Fair. St. Jude’s Church Hall, Mapperley, Nottingham NG3 5HE. Open to non-TACS Members.
Just as we thought that 2016 was the final year of the tile fair!……TACS is delighted to announce that Mark van Veen has offered to be the tile fair’s new organiser on behalf of TACS. So, once again, we can add the ever popular tile fair onto our events calendar for a further year. Please come and visit, same venue, same entry cost (£4.00), refreshments available and, as ever, free parking. NB Dealers need to book tables at the usual cost of £40
St Jude’s is one mile north from the Nottingham City Centre on the B684 Woodborough Road off the A60 or from the A60 Sherwood up Mapperly Hall Drive past mini roundabout to T Junction – turn left to St. Jude’s 50 yards on left.
TACS Events for Members 2017
- Saturday 8th April, Cardiff Castle: Come and discover the decorative delights of Cardiff Castle. We will meet at 11am at Cardiff Castle. Castle Curator, Matthew Williams, is the foremost expert on Cardiff Castle and will provide us with an unrivalled perspective on the history of the Castle, the amazing decoration and influence of Lord Bute and genius art- architect William Burges
- Saturday 17th June, Private view of “A Private Collection of Burmantofts Faience Pottery”. Wolley & Wallis, Salisbury.
- Saturday 24th June, Oppenheimer Mosaics 20th Century Society joint tour, Come and enjoy the delights of Eric Newton’s mosaics on a guided coach tour of the key sites in Manchester, led by mosaic expert Bob Field.
- Wednesday 4th October, Darwen Terracotta and Faience Factory tour: A guided tour of the new Darwen Terracotta factory now re-established and at a new location, led by director Jon Wilson. Darwen Terracotta and Faience are experts in the restoration and production of bespoke terracotta products to the architectural industry. Come and find out more and experience the manufacturing process of their unique and beautiful products.
- Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd July, Hull weekend: The TACS AGM will take place on the morning of Saturday 1st July 11am – 1pm at Wilberforce House Museum, 23 – 25 High Street, Hull HU1 1NQ.. Hull is rich in decorative tiles, architectural ceramics and mosaic and many examples can be seen walking through the streets. The AGM will be followed by an afternoon tile walk around Hull city centre led by expert Hans van Lemmen, including a visit to the studio of local ceramic artist Adele Howitt see www.adelehowitt.co.uk The weekend continues on Sunday with a visit (by car), again led by Hans van Lemmen, to other locations in Hull away from the city centre. In 2017 Hull is UK City of Culture and there is a full programme of events that you can access here http://bit.ly/2fv0RoF . TACS are producing a Hull tile trail leaflet and we will be visiting some locations on the trail.
For more information about TACS Events please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
TACS events are generally open to TACS members only and can only be applied for using the TACS events booking form sent out to members. Information (maps, directions etc.) will be sent out after payment and two weeks in advance of each event by the individual organisers of each event.
TACS members participate in events at their own risk, and neither the Society nor its officers or servants accept any liability of any kind whatsoever, howsoever arising. TACS reserves the right to cancel, postpone or alter events as necessary