TACS Events for 2014
- 11th April – Visit to the Law Society Building, Chancery Lane, London.
- 5th July – AGM at the Museum of English Rural Life (MERL) and walking tour of Reading.
- 20th September – Walking Tour, Bournemouth; including a visit to the Russell Cotes Museum.
- 4th October – Antique Tile Fair in Nottingham.
TACS Events for 2013
- 9th March – private guided tour of the fabulous Grade I listed Victorian Gothic Rochdale Town Hall. and St John the Baptist RC Church with its Eric Newton mosaics, and also a look at some tiled pubs and 20th c murals. View Photos
- 14th June – Tile Study Day at the V&A, London. An introduction to the new ceramics galleries and then a behind-the-scenes visit to see some of the V&A tile collection.
- 22nd June – Visit to the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford. An introduction to the collection of tiles at the Ashmolean Museum.
- 6th July – TACS AGM and visit to Jackfield Tile Museum. The Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust, Telford. The day featured a Members Forum where members discussed their tile collections . To round off the day there was a short presentation on the progress of the Heritage Lottery funded ‘The Potteries Tile Trail’.
- 21st and 22nd September – Open House London. A self-guided tour of London’s buildings, places and neighbourhoods. Every September is a unique opportunity to get out and explore London’s amazing architecture, with over 700 buildings of all kinds opening their doors to everyone, all for free.
- 11th October – British Ceramics Biennial. A tour of the Award exhibition at the Potteries Museum and an afternoon visit to the British Ceramics Biennial at the Spode Site.
TACS Events for 2012
- 16th June – Visit to Holburne Museum, Bath and studio of contemporary ceramic sculptor Bronwyn Williams-Ellis.
- 7th July – TACS AGM, Littlehampton, including an ‘open house’ to view Chris Blanchett’s collection. Sunday includes the opportunity to view tiles at Findon and Clapham church.
- 22-23rd September – Open House London 2012.
- Saturday 29th September – Antique Tile Fair in Nottingham.
- 16th November – Visit to the Manchester Onward Buildings to view the extensive recently restored Band of Hope tiling scheme. Some good photographs in this article www.manchesterconfidential.co.uk
- 17th November – Visit to Manchester Metropolitain University to view the special collections (inc. small tile collection, replicas of Della Robbia, Manchester Society of Architects and Art School Libraries e.g. Owen Jones) followed by a walking tour, to include the Palace Hotel, and other buildings in this quarter of Manchester.
TACS Events for 2011
- March 5th – Visit to the William Morris Gallery in Walthamstow
- April 9th – Coade stone and Doulton walk along Thames Embankment and V&A visit
- June 4th – Visit to a private Burmantofts collection, West Yorkshire
- June 11th – Alan Boyson in Manchester.
- July 1st – Visit to Shaws of Darwen, Lancashire
- July 2nd – TACS AGM in Blackpool. View Photos
- October 1st – Antique Tile Fair in Nottingham
- November 12th – Exporting Stoke and Beyond: Tiles and architectural ceramics in the world context. TACS conference being held at the Potteries Museum and Art Gallery, Stoke-on-Trent. conference website
TACS Events for 2010
- Visit to the Private Tile Collection (March 13th).
- Visit to the Potteries Museum & Art Gallery, Stoke on Trent to see the reserve collection of tiles. Followed by a visit to the Wedgwood Museum (April 17th).
- Visit to see the Doulton tile panels in West Kirby Residential School and the terracotta, chimney stacks and chimney pots of Port Sunlight. (May 8th) View Photos
- Weekend in Hull and Hornsea (June 12th/13th) View Photos
- TACS AGM in Birmingham(July 3rd)
- Antique Tile Fair in Nottingham(September 25th)
TACS Events for 2009
- A visit to selected tile locations in Liverpool including the Walker Art Gallery, the Town Hall, the Municipal Buildings, the Pearl Life Assurance Building, the Lion Tavern and the Cavern Wall of Fame & Lewis’ Department store(March 21st) View Photos
- A weekend in Lisbon sampling the many tile delights in Lisbon such as the National Tile Museum, the Gulbenkian Musuem, the Pinheiro Museum, tiled churches and monasteries, tiled railway stations and underground stations, the Viuva Lamego tile factory. (April 25th-26th) View Photos
- A Visit to Greenwich including a Coade stone tour of the former Royal Naval Hospital looking at the magnificent Coade pediment in the King William Court, and the many Coade stone statues and decorations in the Chapel of St. Peter and Paul. Also the South Building at the Royal Observatory with Doulton terracotta by W. Neatby and the relocated Greenwich mural by Philippa Threlfall (May 16th). View Photos
- Medieval Tile Workshop with Diana Hall: A demonstration workshop looking at the materials and the various processes involved in medieval tile making (June 13th).
- TACS AGM London (July 4th) Held at Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, Holborn, London WC1
- Antique Tile Fair in Nottingham (September 26th)
TACS Events for 2008
- The Sheila Hughes tile collection. TACS Private view and study day Fieldings Auctioneers, Stourbridge, Birmingham.(5th January).
- Visit to Leeds. A tour of the latest developments including the Town Hall foyer, the reopened Tiled Hall at the Central Library, the Frank Brandwyn mosaics in St Aidens Church and the Grand Theatre (15th March).
- Visit to private tile collection in Kent (26th April).
- Visit to Pownell Hall, Wilmslow, Cheshire (TACS members only, limited to 25 people). An Afternoon visit to the hall which is now School and not usually open to the public. The tiles are mainly 19th and early 20th century and include some fine examples of Arts and Crafts designs. There will be a guided tour of the house by the headmaster.(May 10th)
- Visit to the Reserve Collection of the Museum of London. Afternoon visit going behind the scenes at the museum of London to see the tiles not on show. (7th June)
- TACS AGM & Walking tour of Chester (5th July)
- Annual TACS Antique & Collectable Tile Sale, Tile Sale, St. Judes Church Hall, 403 Woodborough Road, Mapperley, Nottingham, NG3 5HE. (September 27th)
TACS Events in 2007
TACS Events in 2006
TACS Events in 2005
- A two-day trip to Ireland (18-19th March)
- A Blue Plaques study day in London (23rd April)
- A walk around York (14th May)
- A weekend in Bristol(10th-11th June)
- TACS AGM at The Water Tower Carshalton (2nd July)
- Launch of the Tile Gazetteer & opening of the Industrial Tiles Exhibition, Jackfield Tile Museum (24th September)
- Tile Gazetteer Press Launch, Leighton House, London (27th September)
- Antique Tile Fair, Nottingham (1st October)
- Visit to members tile collection.
Events from previous years
- 2004 Walking tour of Manchester
- 2004 Wales, Shotton Steel Works, Craig Bragdy
- 2003 Loughborough and Hathernware Terracotta Works
- 2003 Tiles, Terracotta and Faience in Leeds
- 2002 Tiles in North Kent
- 2002 Newcastle upon Tyne
- 2001 Dorking, Surrey
- 2001 Minton in North East Staffordshire St Giles Cheadle and other churches featured in the Cumming Report
- 2000 Stoke-on-Trent
- 2000 Southampton and district
- 1999 Mornington Crescent (Camden & Islington)
- 1999 Birkenhead
- 1998 County Durham
- 1998 South East London
- 1998 West Sussex Churches
- 1997 Leicester
- 1997 English Riviera, Devon
- 1997 Carlisle
- 1995 Somerset Churches
- 1994 Liverpool
- 1993 Newcastle upon Tyne
- 1993 Whitby
- 1992 Ornamental Nottingham by K. Brand
- 1992 Aberystwyth
- 1992 Architectural Ceramics in Reading
- 1992 Medieval sites in N. Yorks: Helmsley, Rievaulx & Byland
- 1991 Windsor & the Albert Memorial Chapel
- 1991 Norwich & Norfolk
- 1991 Lichfield
- 1991 Scarborough
- 1991 Rochdale
- 1990 Hereford & Abergavenny
- 1990 Hull Tiles Tour
- 1990 Delftware Tiles at Holyrood, Edinburgh
- 1990 Holland House & City of London
- 1989 London visit, including All Saints, Margaret St., Prudential Building & Lloyds Bank, Strand
- 1989 Hathernware & Terracotta and Faience in Loughborough
- 1989 Birmingham & District
- 1988 Decorative Tiles & Architectural Ceramics in Yorkshire
- 1988 Visit to London, including Michelin Building
- 1987 Tiles in Amsterdam
- 1987 Tile Museums in Holland
- 1985 Carter & Co. in Poole & Bournemouth, Pilkington’s Tiles Limited, Poole
- 1985 Architectural Ceramics in Manchester
- 1986 Wightwick Manor & Highbury Hall
- 1986 Architectural Ceramics in Glasgow
- 1986 Tiles and Terracotta of Wrexham & District
- 1984 Tiles and Terracotta in Hull
- 1984 St. Giles’ RC Church, Cheadle
- 1984 Shaws of Darwen & A Ceramic Tour of Blackpool
- 1984 Medieval Tiles at Malvern Priory
- 1981 Tiles & Terracotta in London