2. Licence to use website
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- redistribute material from this website
It must be stressed that mention of a building or other location in the database or the linked TACS Tile Gazetteer does not imply that it is open to the public. The reader should assume there is no public access, unless there is clear evidence of public admission. Every effort has been made to provide accurate location descriptions, but the reader should be aware that buildings are subject to change; tile pavements, for instance, may be hidden beneath carpets at short notice. Thus, the inclusion of a site in this listing does not guarantee any availability of public access or that any listed site remains in existence or is unchanged. The Tiles and Architectural Ceramics Society and the Editor of the linked TACS Tile Gazetteer accept no liability of any kind whatsoever, however arising, which may result from the use of the database or the Gazetteer.
(N.B. Many locations may be inspected from the public highway, and the TACS programme of site visits often allows access to normally private locations, as do events such as Open or Heritage Days.)
3. Acceptable use
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
4. Restricted access
We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
5. User generated content
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
Your user content (and its publication on our website) must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy, or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be blasphemous;
- be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- depict violence;
- be pornographic or sexually explicit;
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- constitute spam;
- be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, or menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
- cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
Your user content must be appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet.
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to our website, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our website.
6. Limited warranties
You acknowledge that some of the information published on this website is submitted by users, and that we do not usually review, approve or edit such information. We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this website; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
7. Limitations and exclusions of liability
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers. Having regard to that interest, you accept that we are a limited liability entity and
You agree to the publication of comments, reviews and/or feedback relating to you, by others, on our website. You acknowledge that such comments, reviews and/or feedback may be critical or defamatory or otherwise unlawful; and you agree that you will not hold us liable in respect of any such comments, reviews and/or feedback, irrespective of whether we are aware or ought to have been aware of such comments, reviews and/or feedback.
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to the website;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing the website;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing the website;
- contact your internet services provider and request that they block your access to the website;
- bring court proceedings against you for breach of contract or otherwise;
- delete and/or edit any or all of your user generated content.
Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
10. Third party websites and hyperlinks
Our website includes hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are not recommendations. We have no control over the contents of third party websites, and we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
You may add hyperlinks direct at our website to your own website without our specific permission, providing that such hyperlinks, comply with these linking guidelines:
- links to, but does not replicate any content;
- does not create a frame around any content;
- does not imply that TACS endorses the website;
- does not misrepresent its relationship with TACS.
11. Trade marks
The Tiles & Architectural Ceramics Society (TACS) name and our logo are marks belonging to us. We give no permission for the use of these marks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
The other registered and unregistered trade marks or service marks on our website are the property of their respective owners. Unless stated otherwise, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
15. Exclusion of third party rights
16. Entire agreement
17. Law and jurisdiction
18. Our details
The Tiles and Architectural Ceramics Society (TACS) is a registered charity, number 289090
For queries regarding this website, please email the Webmaster.
For general queries relating to the Tiles and Architectural Ceramics Society (TACS), please email the TACS Secretary
or write to :-
Tiles and Architectural Ceramics Society Secretary,
c/o The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery,
Adult Social Care, Health and Communities,